The following beliefs represent the core beliefs of our Christian faith from a biblical and historical perspective. While covenant members are not required to fully understand or articulate all aspects of these beliefs, the explicit rejection of any one of these particular beliefs disqualifies one from membership with Trinity Baptist Church.
- that the Bible is true, authoritative, and sufficient (Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- that there is only one true and living God who is the Creator of the universe and who reveals Himself to us as Three-in-One: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Psalm 45:6; 110:1; Isaiah 45:5-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; Matthew 3:13-17; 28:17-20; John 17:3,21-24; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6; 12:4-6; 1 Timothy 2:5).
- that I am, along with all humanity (Christ excluded), by birth and action a sinner (Genesis 6:5; Psalm 51:5; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23; 5:8,12-21; 7:18; Ephesians 2:1-3).
- that the deserved penalty for sin is death, both physical and spiritual (Genesis 2:15-17; Genesis 3:19; Romans 5:12; 6:23; James 1:14-15).
- that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and is both fully God and fully human (Matthew 1:20; Luke 2:52; John 1:1-4,14; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-3; 4:14-16).
- that Jesus Christ died as my substitute to pay the penalty for my sin (John 1:29; 10:1-18; Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:4; 1 Peter 3:18).
- that Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead (Matthew 28:1-20; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-53; John 20:1-21:25; 1 Corinthians 15:12-34).
- that Jesus Christ physically ascended into heaven and will one day physically return to resurrect the dead and to judge all people in righteousness. The unrighteous will be raised to eternal punishment in hell, and the righteous will be raised to eternal reward and will dwell forever with the Lord (Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:28-29; 14:3; Acts 1:11; 24:15; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Hebrews 9:27-28; 1 John 3:2; Revelation 1:7; 20:11-21:8).
- that only by trusting in the person and work of Jesus Christ alone can I be reconciled to God, be made righteous, and experience true life and joy (John 3:18, 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:21-26; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Timothy 2:5-6).
For a more full review of our Statment of Beliefs click here.